It is the Policy of Mantis Cranes Ltd to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other legislation relevant to our business.
Our objective is to endeavor to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees, prevent injury and ill-health and to meet our duties to our employees, contractors and the public who may enter our premises. The success of the policy will depend on your co-operation. It is our intention to review and conduct regular risk assessments and to ensure continuous improvement in health and safety management and performance.
Mantis Cranes Ltd will at all times take all practicable measures to protect employees and others against any inherent dangers and observe the requirements as laid down by Legislation. Our legal and moral responsibility for our own safety and the safety of others dictate that everyone must know and comply with the safety requirements pertaining to their work.
Our approach is to ensure safe and healthy working conditions at Mantis Cranes Ltd, and it may be summarised as follows:
- Identification and reduction of hazards
- Provision of safety training and instruction
- Creation of practical and safe working systems
- Consultation with staff on Safety, Health and Welfare matters (or any other areas deemed necessary under this policy
- Selection of safety representatives
- Establishment of safety committee
- Preparation and revision of emergency plans
- Prevention of risk to health from any article or substance (including plant machinery and equipment)
- Reporting of occupational accidents.
- Provision and maintenance of welfare facilities (e.g. sanitary facilities etc.)
- Provision of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Review of safety policy/statement
It is the duty of all personnel (including those not employed by Mantis Cranes Ltd) to take all reasonable precautions to avoid injury to themselves and those affected by their activities. In the light of experience and developments at Mantis Cranes Ltd, staff and others (clients, visitors) are encouraged to put forward suggestions for improvement to the statement.
Seamus Mc Menamin, CEO