As the hirer/owner of a crane you are responsible for ensuring that the operator has been trained in the safe use of the equipment.
Ideally the operators of remote control self erecting cranes should be trained as Slinger/Banksman and as Self Erecting Crane Operator.
- Like most types of construction plant, each crane has its own unique systems so when we erect a crane on site we take the operator through an induction program to ensure that he/she is familiar with the features of the machine supplied
- This induction is completed and recorded by the engineer erecting the crane on site and usually takes around 90 minutes
- This is considered as model specific familiarisation and not intended as skills training
- Operator training can be arranged either on site or off site. The amount of training required pretty much depends on the competencies and experience of the individual being trained
- The regulations regarding training vary from country to country for example in the UK you have two choices when it comes to operator training, In-House or CPCS Skills registered training
- While In House training is often seen as being the least expensive route, care should be taken when selecting the training provider ensuring that they hold the appropriate accreditation that meets with the employers requirements to avoid a situation arising where the training provided is not be recognised by the construction company concerned so this is something that you should check out before selecting which type of training
- Mantis Cranes Ltd work closely with several accredited training organisations which provide the level of training required and will be very happy to recommend the most suitable of these for your particular needs
Crane Erection & Dismantle
- As the name suggests, Self Erecting Tower Cranes are, quick and straightforward to position and erect when this is done by an experienced team
- We at Mantis Cranes have been safely erecting Self Erecting Tower Cranes on site for 15 years. Our team of Crane engineers undergo a factory training programme and have accumulated extensive experience mobilising and servicing cranes on site.
- Whether you purchase or hire a crane from Mantis, rest assured that the crane is erected and commissioned in the safest most efficient method, specific to you on site requirements